The use of DYCE Cockpit is principally charged depending on the usage. For the time being, however, there will be no billing. Activation is required for use. A corresponding request is included in the standard Role Centers. For further information please refer to the DYCE Cockpit website.
Activation is done using the app called DYCE Monetization. This application manages usage data for all app subscriptions. Once activated, it continuously determines both activation status and usage data (e.g., number of users or transaction volume).
Download, installation and activation
DYCE Cockpit is provided via Microsoft AppSource for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. The DYCE Cockpit website also provides a corresponding link. In addition, Microsoft AppSource can also be accessed directly through Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. To do so, search for Extension Marketplace (Alt+Q) and then for DYCE Cockpit.
Before downloading, Microsoft will request information for registration. If AppSource is opened directly through Business Central, this data is pre-filled based on the client's Company Information.
In addition to registration in Microsoft AppSource, each app must be activated. The full range of functions is only available once activation has been completed. In Role Centers and in selected pages, a corresponding notification appears as long as the activation has not yet taken place. To activate an app click on Activate now in the notification banner:
- Start the activation wizard by clicking Next.
- Enter your company information and register at Singhammer IT Consulting AG.
- Select your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central partner and payment method.
- Accept end-user license agreement and finish activation.
Allowing HTTP requests for DYCE Monetization
For the correct working of the app, make sure that the setting of the DYCE Monetization app is set for “allowing HttpClient requests”. We use HTTP requests to log your usage. We do not save any other data. Follow the steps to check or re-enable this option:
- Go to the Extension Management page by typing extension in the search (Alt+Q).
- Search for DYCE Monetization by Singhammer IT Consulting AG and click on View action (either via the three dots or via action group Manage).
- Allow HttpClient requests
Uninstalling DYCE Monetization
After uninstalling the DYCE Monetization app, DYCE Cockpit can still be used for a maximum of 24 hours. After that, the activation status will be reset. This means that the full functionality of the app is no longer available.