Job Tasks and Job Planning Lines
Background on Job Tasks and Job Planning Lines are explained in this part of the DYCE documentation. They form the basis for Time Recordings and billing of services. The following part specifically discusses the creation of Job Tasks and Job Planning Lines from Sales Orders.
Create Job Tasks from the Sales Order
The Create Job Tasks page displays the Sales Order lines with Service Billing Items. A prerequisite for calling the action is that the Sales Order has a link to a Job.
In detail, the page displays the quantity and prices of the Service Billing Items of the Sales Order. The Quantity for Job Budget field is used to specify the quantity that will be transferred to the Job Task (and Job Planning Line) to be created. The system always suggests the current remaining quantity. However, this can also be reduced. The Job Task field has two functions:
- On the one hand, the description for Job Tasks to be created (proposal based on the description of the Sales Order line) is defined here. This can also be changed.
- On the other hand, the field has an AssistEdit, which can be used to select an existing Job Task created from the same Sales Order. In this case, another Job Planning Line with the specified budget will be created for the selected Job Task. This way, (partial) budgets of several Sales Lines can be combined into individual Job Tasks.
The Create other Job Tasks action (via Process) creates Job Tasks for all lines in the Sales Order that do not contain services. This step is optional, as the system will otherwise create these Job Tasks automatically when the items are shipped. However, you may want to create these Job Tasks using the function to get an overall view of all parts of the Job and their progress via the lines in the Job Card (Job Tasks). Further explanations of Job Tasks and Job Planning Lines can be found in this part of the DYCE documentation.
Job Tasks that are created using one of the above functions follow this principle:
- For each Job Task, a Begin-Total line is first created to indicate the beginning of the summary.
- The number is made up of two parts. The first part is three digits and describes the block. It begins with 001 and is incremented by 1 per Job Task on the Job.
- The second part is four digits and continuous per line within a block. It starts with 1000 per block and increases by 10 per line.
- This is repeated for all Job Tasks to be created - whether for services or miscellaneous.
- Lastly, a End-Total line is created to indicate the end of the summary. The End-Total line displays the cumulative values of the lower-level (indented) Job Tasks.
Job Planning Lines
According to the settings in the Create Job Tasks page, the Job Tasks are created. A Job Planning Line with the Line Type = Budget is created for each Job Task. This will later be used as a reference point during time recording. The Document No. contains the number of the Sales Order for which the Job Task and the Job Planning Line were created, the Service Billing Item (Type and No.) and the corresponding Billing Type. The Description, the Unit of Measure Code, the Quantity and the prices are taken from the Sales Order line.
When Time Recordings are posted, another Job Planning Line - with Line Type Billable - is created based on the Budget Job Planning Lines. The quantity for this Job Planning Line is equal to the total quantity of related Time Recordings. When invoicing the Sales Order, not only the order line is posted, but also the related Billable Job Planning Line. At the same time (when the invoice is posted), corresponding Job Ledger Entries are created in the background. In addition, the Invoicing Document Type, Invoicing Line No. and Invoicing Line No. fields create a unique link between the Billable Job Planning Line and the invoice line. A Billable Job Planning Line can only be linked to one particular invoice line.