People (employees and external service providers) are created as resources. They provide the services. Proof of completed services is provided in the form of Time Recordings, created by the resources for their respective tasks. These Time Recordings are checked and released via DYCE Job Billing (page Job Billing). Subsequently, the services copmpleted are invoiced.
The resource planning (e.g. with regard to concrete employee assignments) takes place outside of DYCE Job Billing. However, this can be done in any other tool. Masterdata regarding capacity etc. of these employees can be stored so that they can be further processed in other systems if necessary.
Time Recordings are always created for a specific human resource. Therefore, each employee who provides services must be set up as a resource (of the type Person).
- The No. field is usually filled manually with a short name for the person (see below).
- In the field Name first name and family name are entered.
- As Type the value Person is selected.
- In the Base Unit of Measure field, the unit of work that will be used as the basis for postings is specified. The lookup will take you to the appropriate selection, usually the base unit hour is used for human resources.
- The Resource Group No. field is used to assign persons to a resource group or team. The field can be used for planning and evaluations. Locked is set when the resource may no longer be used.
- If a person is an external service provider, the related vendor must be specified in the Vendor No. field of the Invoicing fast tab.
- As a prerequisite for Time Recordings to be posted, a suitable Product Posting Group must be specified in the Gen. Prod. Posting Group field.
Human resources defaults
Human resources should be given a capacity. It is composed of the work time template and the base calendar (which includes non-working days). With Resource Person Defaults (action in Navigate and in Related / Resource) DYCE Job Billing privides a convenient way for maintaining. Calling the action opens the page with the same name. In addition to the Work-Hour Template Code and the Base Calendar Code, the cost center and the resource group can also be specified here, along with a validity date. This makes it possible to enter a planned change in advance. In the resource card, the action Apply Resource Person Defaults applies these defaults valid on the workdate and creates the capacity.
Suggestion for the naming of human resources
A uniform naming scheme contributes to general clarity. The following is therefore a proposal for such a scheme for human resources. However, it is important to consider how many letters are needed to ensure a unique code. Thus, both a Joseph Doe and a Jane Doe may work in the same company.
Structure: first three letters of the first name, then the last name
. Example: John Doe ==> JOHDOE